3.5" High-Performance Hard Drive for Desktop NAS Systems
- Award-winning Performance - 7200 RPM, 128MB cache buffer and 6Gb/s SATA interface for fast data access
- Colossal Capacity - Up to 8 TB 1 for room to grow
- Outstanding Reliability - 1M hrs MTBF, Rotational Vibration Sensor, and 24/7 availability
With an exceptional blend of performance, quality and reliability, the HGST Deskstar NAS 3.5" 7200 RPM Hard Drive is specially designed for consumer and commercial desktop NAS systems. It's available in 8TB, 6TB, and 4TB capacities.
The NAS-ready 7200 RPM hard drive delivers media transfer rates that are as much as 20% faster than 5400 RPM drives and seek times less than 12ms. It incorporates a rotational vibration sensor which anticipates disturbances and counteracts them in multi-drive environments, maintaining high input/output performance. It has an MTBF of 1M hours2, ensuring incredible reliability.
The HGST Deskstar NAS hard drive is designed to the highest quality standards with field-proven components. It’s backed by HGST worldwide technical support and integration services, enabling customers around the globe to bring their products to market quickly.
1. One MB is equal to one million bytes, one GB is equal to one billion bytes and one TB equals 1,000GB (one trillion bytes) when referring to hard drive capacity. Accessible capacity will vary from the stated capacity due to formatting and partitioning of the hard drive, the computer's operating system, and other factors.
2. MTBF target is based on a sample population and is estimated by statistical measurements and acceleration algorithms under median operating conditions. MTBF ratings are not intended to predict an individual drive’s reliability. MTBF does not constitute a warranty.