Redesigned for Productivity
Take on tasks in the office or on the road with the thin, light and durable HP ProBook 640 G1. It’s packed with productivity features and offers enterprise-level security and manageability, and easy collaboration, perfectly meeting all your business needs.
Thinner, Tougher Taskmaster
- Get the technology you trust from HP, with cutting-edge style that looks and feels the way you want.
- Join forces with the latest generation technology and legacy features your business demands on a new thinner HP ProBook for in the office or on the go.
- Protect existing IT investments with support for existing legacy features such as an optical drive, VGA and RJ45 connectors.
- Enjoy a desktop experience on your ProBook with various docking options including HP 120W Advanced Docking Station and HP 90W Docking Station.1
Design Your Ideal ProBook
- Take advantage of the wide range of features and configurable options on the HP ProBook 640 G1.
- Configure a ProBook made for your business, thanks to flexible architecture configurations including the Intel 4th generation processors.
- Experience great visual performance with Full-HD display options, AMD 1GDDR5 discrete graphics and native DisplayPort 1.2.2
- Bridge distances on the HP ProBook 640 G1, with Microsoft Lync,3 premium audio/video and full-HD display.4
- Stay in touch from the office or on the road with powerful connectivity options including 4G WWAN5,6, HP Wireless Hotspot7 and Bluetooth 4.0.
- Protect data, devices and identities with HP Client Security8 and HP BIOS Protection.
- Stay up and running. HP BIOS Protection9 offers enhanced protection against virus attacks to the BIOS and other security threats, and is designed to help prevent data loss and reduce downtime.
- Enjoy easy and simple integration into your IT environment with HP Client Management Solutions10 such as optional LANDesk11 and Intel vPro12 technology.
- Maintain a productive system environment with stable and consistent images, managed lifecycle transitions and Global Series support you can rely on.
- Docking Stations sold separately.
- Support for external displays as a standard feature through integrated processor-based graphics is dependent upon the particular PC platform/form factor; the actual number of displays supported will vary. An optional discrete graphics solution will be required for the support of additional displays. Additional cables required.
- Microsoft Lync sold separately.
- Optional webcam and internet service required for video conferencing, and not included.
- 4G LTE not available on all products, in all regions and only available on products featuring Intel processors.
- Mobile broadband is optional or an add-on feature and use requires separately purchased service contract. Connection speeds will vary due to location, environment, network conditions, and other factors.
- The wireless hotspot application requires an active internet connection and separately purchased data plan. While HP wireless hotspot is active, on-device applications will continue to work and will use the same data plan as the wireless hotspot. Requires Windows 8.
- HP Client Security requires Windows.
- HP Tools partition with HP BIOS required for automatic recovery.
- HP Client Management Solutions requires Windows.
- LANDesk software is sold separately. Managed devices must be connected to the management server. Requires active LANdesk maintenance service. Wipe functionality performs a "Windows 8 Reset" and requires Windows 8. Lock performs a Windows "Lock Computer.”
- Some functionality of this technology, such as Intel Active management technology and Intel Virtualization technology, requires additional 3rd party software in order to run. Availability of future "virtual appliances" applications for Intel vPro technology is dependent on 3rd party software providers. Microsoft Windows required.