Seagate Cheetah 15K.7, Model# ST3600057SS
A high-performance, high-reliability enterprise-level storage solution for mission-critical applications. It features 15,000 RPM spinning speed and operates on SAS 6 Gbps host interface, delivering fast, consistent transfer speed with minimized CPU utilization. The Seagate PowerTrim technology provides a 62 percent improvement in GBs/W at idle over typical 3.5-inch hard drives. Read/write advances deliver nonrecoverable error rate of 1x10E16, ensuring unbeatable data integrity.
- Business and transaction processing
- Storage area networks and networked attached storage
- E-mail, decision support, Internet and e-commerce
Lowest Cost of Ownership
- Seventh-generation Seagate Cheetah 15K.7 drive is the fastest, highest capacity and most reliable ever.
- Lower watts/GB ratio helps achieve reduced power and cooling costs while optimizing capacity requirements.
- Higher performance with fewer drives—reducing support infrastructure, physical space requirements and storage management costs
- The highest reliability of any 3.5-inch drive, with increased system reliability due to the need for fewer drives
- Seagate continues to focus on reliability and data protection. MTBF is an industry-leading 1.6 million hours.
- Seagate-exclusive enhanced Error Correction Code better maintains performance throughout the life of the drive and reduces the probability of lost data.
- The third generation of Seagate-exclusive Background Media Scan proactively scans the media for potential defects during drive idle time. It enables incipient errors to be corrected before data is lost.
- Quick and Robust Download feature loads new firmware in seconds, with built-in protection to ensure no corruption in the event of a power failure during firmware switch.