- Up to 12TB per drive for up to 50% more petabytes per rack
- Power and weight for optimum data center TCO
- Advanced helium sealed-drive technology with drop-in PMR compatibility for easy SAS and SATA system integration
- Field-proven, eleventh-generation technology
- Delivering highest performance and massive high capacity
- Data-at-rest is protected with Seagate Secure technology
- Consistent data delivery helps to ensure 24x7 nonstop performance
- Backed by an industry-leading 2.5M-hour MTBF and a 5-year limited warranty
Scalable. Responsive. Innovative. Among the industry's best response times for a 12TB nearline drive, the Exos X12 hard drive (formerly Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD Helium v7) helps to enable some of the fastest data transfers possible.
Meet your storage workload requirements with an efficient data center footprint. Innovative technology advancements like PowerBalance, PowerChoice and RAID Rebuild, allow you to have the control to customize your bulk storage requirements for even greater TCO improvements.
*Compared to 8TB drives.
Up to 12TB per drive for up to 50% more petabytes per rack when compared to an 8TB product in a 42U rack. Plus a wide-weld hermetically sealed design means a more dependable drive that performs 24x7 for optimum TCO.
Among the industry's best response times for a 12TB nearline drive, the Exos X12 hard drive helps to enable some of the fastest data transfers possible. Choose 6Gb/s SATA or 12Gb/s SAS interface for drop-in system integration.
Advanced Write Caching allows for a 20% boost in random write performance, especially when compared to competitive 8TB drives. Plus digital environmental sensors for measuring internal pressure helps to ensure high reliability, performance and quality.
|Ideal for||High-capacity hyperscale storage||High-capacity hyperscale storage||Data center, mainstream 512n and 4Kn/512e|
|Capacity||12TB||10TB, 8TB||8TB, 6TB, 4TB, 3TB, 2TB, 1TB|
|Performance (SDR, OD)||up to 261MB/s||up to 254MB/s||up to 249MB/s|
|Interface(s)||12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s SATA||12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s SATA||12Gb/s SAS and SATA 6Gb/s|
|Key Features||Low power, low weight||Low power, low weight||Mainstream nearline|
|Reliability||2.5M hours MTBF; 0.35% AFR||2.5M hours MTBF; 0.35% AFR||2.0M hours MTBF; 0.44% AFR|
|Sector Format(s)||512e, 4Kn||512e, 4Kn||512e, 4Kn, 512n|
|Options||Seagate Secure: ISE, SD&D||Seagate Secure: ISE, SED, SED-FIPS, SD&D,||Seagate Secure: ISE, SED, SED-FIPS, SD&D,|
|Limited Warranty||5 years||5 years||5 years|